One of the biggest differences between business owners who are thriving and business owners who are barely surviving is the ability to attract new customers. Not having a system in place to consistently generate new leads makes for a stressful situation and often leads to otherwise well-run businesses closing their doors. A Lead Magnet is the answer.
What Is A Lead Magnet?
A lead generation magnet is an irresistible offer that you make to prospects of something that is valuable and usually free in exchange for their contact information—often their name and email address (physical addresses, phone numbers and other information are sometimes collected too.) The most important element of a lead magnet is specificity. Solving one specific problem with one specific solution for one specific
segment of the population.
Goal Of A Lead Magnet:
The goal of a lead magnet is to maximize the number of targeted leads who see your offer for your product or service. Get them to raise their hand and say, “I’m interested in what you have to offer. I’m interested in your idea and what you’re selling.” Capturing people who are interested is important because the reality is the majority of people aren’t ready to buy at the time when they first discover you.
Why Are Lead Magnets So Effective:
- It attracts response from exactly the right prospects.
- It boosts the response to all of your advertising.
- It gets prospects to willingly give you complete contact info when they respond to ads, mail, visit websites, etc.
- When it arrives, it immediately sets you and your business apart by looks alone.
- With a catchy, benefit-oriented title, it heightens interest in what you have to say.
- It positions you as an EXPERT, not just another salesman hawking a product.
- It creates the opportunity for you to sell in a vacuum – where the sole focus is on ONLY the info you provide.
- It can establish credibility with supporting evidence, testimonials, and useful Information.
- It sets the “buying criteria” in the mind of the prospect & points to YOU as being the very best possible alternative.
- It sets up the next step in the process by explicitly telling the prospect the action they need to take NEXT.
Types Of Lead Magnets:
- Free Reports
- Cheat Sheets
- Live Online Sessions
- Resource Guides
- Low cost or free Meals
- Case studies
What Should Your Lead Magnet Contain:
- The primary transformation you can enable in the life of the prospect – all due to the expertise, experience, and specific product/program/service you offer.
- Your story – what you’ve gone through that makes YOU uniquely qualified to create this Lead Generation Magnet and the struggles you overcame to finally achieve the solution you needed.
- A specific call-to-action – Now that they’ve gone through and reviewed the material you’ve provided, it’s important to let your prospect know what you want them to do next.
How To Create A Successful Lead Magnet:
- Be specific.
- Deliver one big promise.
- The offer has to be irresistible.
- Deliver immediate results.
- Shift their viewpoint.
- Create rapid consumption.
- Deliver extreme value.
- Write an awesome title.
- Create a strong call-to-action for your paid product or service.
Now Create a Lead Magnet for Yourself and put it into Action.
Content sourced from GKIC’s Magnetic Marketing Training.